Amateur baker with a passion for eating!
I know I’ve been a bit slack recently with my blogging, but I’m back with a vengeance now! And one very lovely award nomination too 🙂 Thank you so much to Teresa from Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen (and get checking out her blog, because there really are so many amazing recipes on there – you can’t not love it!!) who nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Can’t tell you how happy I was to receive this, I get excited every time someone likes and comments on my posts, and follows my blog!
This award also allowed me to discover some of Teresa’s other nominations & spend some (probably too much) time drooling over their recipes and food photos! I have bookmarked about 50 million recipes to try for myself – I don’t think I’ll ever need a cook book again 😉
Anyway, here’s how the award works…
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Nominate 15 bloggers to receive the award.
3. Share 7 facts about yourself.
3. Emily Cooks Vegan (lucky I checked this through, as I had originally written this as “Emily Cooks Vegans”, which would be an entirely different and slightly more controversial blog, I imagine…)
11. One Happy Table
13. Adrienne Cooks
1. This probably isn’t cool for a food blogger to admit, but one of my favourite foods is plain pasta covered in a generous helping of grated cheddar cheese. I used to be the fussiest eater and sometimes I even ate this for breakfast… But mainly I associate it with Sunday evenings spent watching old Hayley Mills’ films we’d recorded off the TV (you know, The Parent Trap, In Search of the Castaways…), so it’s still my ultimate super lazy comfort food!
2. Sometimes, when I’m being a cheapskate (which is a lot of the time at the moment!), I resist buying chocolate/sweets/crisps at the supermarket, only to get massive chocolate cravings later… so I end up picking all of the chocolate chips out of my cereal!
3. I just graduated this summer with a degree in French and German, but I’m still not sure what I want to do with my life… All I know is that I’m going to find something I love, and when I do, I’m going to give it my all!
4. I’m from a little village in England, and whilst it’s one of my favourite places in the whole world, I also love living in different countries and experiencing their cultures! So far I’ve lived in France (in Bordeaux and in a little town in the Vosges as well) and Germany (Frankfurt and Munich), but I’m hoping to expand that list!
5. I absolutely LOVE travelling and spent six weeks exploring East Africa (I spent a month volunteering in a primary school in Uganda, and then a friend and I travelled across Kenya and Tanzania, ending our trip in Zanzibar!). I have also been to Nova Scotia in Canada, and have travelled around Western Australia a bit (two weeks is NOT long enough!!!). And then there’s Belgium, Austria, the Netherlands, Scotland, Wales, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Egypt and Italy… but I still have so much more to see 🙂
6. I’m a bit of an adrenaline junkie… I’ve bungee jumped head first into the Nile and have gone white water rafting in Uganda (on grade 5 rapids my very first time – not sure that’s legal in the UK…)
7. And lastly, I’m a bit of a freak of nature… I can lick my elbow (really) and my nose, and I’m 6″1. I am absolutely sick of people coming up to me and telling me that I’m tall and then asking me whether I’m a model/I play basketball. I know there are much worse things in the world, but it happens so often that it drives me completely crazy! I’m terrible at basketball (netball is my game, and no one outside of the Commonwealth has heard of it) and I only have one photo face, which is “Cheeeeeeeese!” 😉
So there’s a few facts about me & I hope you’re not too bored now! Thank you again to Teresa for nominating my blog 🙂
Right, I’d better be off now, but I’ll be back soon with some food-/travel-related blog entries soon (honestly, I’ve eaten so much recently that I’m surprised someone didn’t have to roll me to my laptop to write this!!).
Happy eating 🙂